Job Title: PROGRAM OFFICER
Position Type: Full time
Duration: 2 years and renewable
The YIAGA AFRICA Centre for Legislative Engagement (YIAGA AFRICA-CLE) is a think-tank established to promote the development of the legislature in Africa through innovative research, capacity development and public engagement. The goal of the Centre is to ensure the legislature is capacitated to discharge its legislative functions in compliance with democratic principles and standards. We are searching for an energetic, innovative, knowledgeable individual with strong leadership skills to join the YIAGA AFRICA CLE team as a Program Officer.
- Manage day-to-day execution of project activities
- Coordination of project field activities in liaison with the CLE Coordinator, Senior Program Officer, Legislative Engagement, and Officer
- Support the CLE program team with routine project operational and administrative tasks.
- Undertake research on issues that advance the goals of the centre
- Support in the development of project concept note and proposals, project annual work plan and Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Project monitoring and preparation of periodic project reports in line grant conditions and requirements
- Bachelor’s in Law, political science, Arts and humanities, development studies or related field (A master’s certificate is an added advantage)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the field of legislative studies Engagement, practices and procedure
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent working knowledge of basic research tools and all relevant experiences in programs implementation (Proven experience in research is an added advantage)
- Sound knowledge of local and international legislative practices and procedures
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent online research skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward a one-page cover letter and detailed resume with the contact of referees as attached PDF documents to [email protected] on or before November 1, 2019. The subject line of email application must state the Name of Applicant and title of the position. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“YIAGA AFRICA is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, sex, tribe, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply”