Position: Consultant (Legislative Research)
Duty Station: Abuja
Type of Appointment: Consultancy
Duration :Short Term
Closing Date: Sunday, 11th November 2018
YIAGA Africa’s Centre for Legislative Engagement (YIAGA Africa-CLE) is established with the goal of promoting the development of legislatures in Nigeria and across Africa by providing cutting edge solutions to emerging challenges of democracy and development that require practical results-focused research. By this call, YIAGA Africa -CLE is inviting qualified individuals to join its cohort of researchers in the field of Political Science, Law, International Relations, International Development, and Statistics.
The successful Consultant would amongst other things:
- Play a lead role in driving the YIAGA-CLE research initiatives.
- Conduct a review of policy and legislative framework on socio-economic development by the National Assembly
- Relevant academic background in the field of Political Science, Law, International Relations, International Development, Statistics or any other related field
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Show evidence of completion of similar tasks in the last two (2) years.
- Have adequate knowledge of existing regional and national frameworks and mechanisms applicable to legislative engagement
Interested candidates are by this call requested to submit a Cover Letter stating relevant qualification desirable for award of the Consultancy, an updated CV (including evidence of completion of similar tasks) and other relevant supporting documents in a single mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Expression of Interest- Consultancy’ not later than 11th November, 2018.
Only applications sent in the required format and stipulated time will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“YIAGA is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, sex, tribe, religion, etc.